Do you have a website? Do you want to know what is happening on your website, but you do not want to wait the day (or more!) that typical analytics tools need?
Then it sounds like you should have a look at Clicky Analytics. It's an exceptionally cost effective, real-time, analytics package for websites.
However, the problem them comes that all the analytics information is then locked up on the website ... and you have to have the portal page open if you want to have a window into the world that is your website. This was a problem, especially for us -- we use web applications a lot throughout the day, and we kept closing the Clicky portal page!
So we wrote Clicky Dashboard.
Clicky Dashboard polls your Clickly Analytics account every hour and displays you the most important statistics. Along side this is the ability to compare the analytics to the information collected yesterday as well as over the past 7 days -- allowing you to see the overall picture of your website activity.
Clicky Dashboard currently shows:
- Top Entrance Pages
- Top Exit Pages
- Top Searches
- Top Search Keywords
- Bounce Rate
- Visitor Count
So ... What Next?
As you will no doubt see, Clicky Dashboard is very simple at present - however, we do not want it to stay this way. BUT we do not want to just add in features for no reason! What we DO want is for you, the Clicky Analytics users to TELL US what you would like shown on the Dashboard! So - please do get in touch! If you are interested in Clicky Dashboard but it does not currently float your boat, then why not follow us on Twitter or Facebook so that you know when we release updates? Instead of using email lists, we are strong believers on empowering our users to make informed decisions - no spam from us!
Because Clicky Dashboard was originally developed for internal use, it currently has a few rough edges, and is lacking a few finishing touches - for example, there is currently no help file.
Because of that, here are some simple instructions for getting started.
- Install Clicky Dashboard
- Start Clicky Dashboard up, and click Run Trial -- the trial will give you full access for 30 days, so you can explore and see what you think.
- Click File, and select Options
- Click Add -- you will need to provide some information that relates your website to Clicky -- such as the Site ID and Key. These can be found under Preferences in your Clicky account (associated with your website).
- Enter the details as needed.
- Click Ok.
- Click Ok on the options dialog
- Analytics will be retrieved and displayed -- and will be updated hourly!